Aging is also a Mental process Part 1

I'm trying to process the fact that soon I will be turning 60!  Obviously the fact that our world looks so much different today than it did 6 months ago is also a hard pill to swallow.  I made a decision a few years ago to try to go as organic as I possibly can and it has been a process to say the least...

I am not the same woman of just a year ago let alone the last 5 years.  G-d has taken me through a long journey that was waiting for me once I quieted my life around me.

In the last 5 years I have retired from the Corporate world,  opened up my boutique, closed my boutique and went online only, moved to a new church and let go of all ministry roles,  had serious menopause issues and my close circle of friends got smaller,   All this began a new journey with the Lord.  On the spiritual side, during the day It's been just me and Him for some time now.  Lots of quiet time...

On the personal side, it's been lots of quiet time for me and my husband.  That has been the best time!  I've continue to be there for my children in any way I can and I have enjoyed my 5 grandchildren immensely!  There is a pinterest meme I found and it says:  "Just remember that when you are ignoring me, you are teaching me how to live without you."   Unfortunately I've also experienced this and its true. 

During this journey I have also taken the time to be healthy.  One of the things I do well is rest when I feel tired.  I also rest my soul...fill it up with the Word of G-d and spend lots of time in prayer.  My morning begins with Him, this helps replenish what the struggles of this world brings that most definitely deplete us.  

I've also begun listening daily to a great Minister that my husband favors and I've learned so much more about Bible Eschatology.  I've always loved this type of study and this Teacher/Minister is high above in knowledge than anyone else.  No one else holds a candle to his understanding of the Word of G-d. What a gift!

I've re-introduced Pottery to my life!  About 25 years ago I would attend a weekly class and I had forgotten how soothing this art is.  It's a process of molding clay and the slightest wrong maneuver will change the direction and could ruin your creation.  It also is the only thing I've found that when totally immersed in pottery your mind actually relaxes.  There are no other thoughts that enter my mind while I'm on the Wheel.  

One of the changes I've also made is the use of Organic Products.  Like I said before,  everything is a process...  Changing your shampoo and hair color products, changing your make up products and in the process using less makeup,  Natural Nails, no more contacts unless absolutely necessary, etc.  Some things are harder to let go of.   Allowing my hair to naturally grey is definitely not happening right now!  No one wants to see that,  least of all my husband I'm sure.  Lol! 

In life we need to adjust quickly and recognize when it's time to make changes.  We cannot stay the same just because it's easier.   As we age we need to change the way we think, the way we play, the way we process, the way we eat, the way we pray, the way we love, the way we help, the way we forgive, the way we accept, the way we dress...Aging is a process.  Think about what you need to change or adjust...

p.s. 

check out my shop for age
appropriate Tees!
www.lovelyloftboutique.com


Love, Ruth 



Comments

Popular Posts